ICTV sponsorship or underwriting demonstrates support of the programming by allowing underwriting messages to be aired during scheduled programming.
ICTV divides its underwriting opportunities into three categories: General Underwriting, Regularly Produced Programming and Extraordinary Programming. Each offers an opportunity for information and name recognition for the sponsoring business or agency.
ICTV uses the following guidelines when establishing a sponsor message for programming:
- ICTV sponsorship generally follows guidelines established by the public broadcasting system, available online at http://www.pbs.org/producers/guidelines/onairrule5.html.
- All sponsorship spots are 15 seconds in length.
- Sponsors will receive a voice-over and video clip that identifies the sponsoring business or agency. Logos or short static video clips may be used. ICTV will shoot moving video for an additional fee.
- ICTV makes every effort to bundle no more than four sponsor spots in one underwriting segment.
- Each sponsor block shall be preceded with the phrase similar to: “Programming on Itasca Community Television, ICTV, is brought to you by the following community supporters”.
Contracts for sponsorship/underwriting may be established through the executive director.